N C Cammack & Son are looking for a new Operations Manager to join their team.
As an Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of warehousing, customer service, sales and transport/logistics operations. Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a senior management role responsible for delivering the strategic vision and direction of the business.
Your Roles and Responsibilities as an Operations Manager:
- To take overall responsibility of the company’s warehouse, customer service, sales and transport/ logistics functions.
- Develop strong relationships with key clients, contribute to our work transforming and challenging the way our clients operate.
- Improve and Implement processes to drive inventory accuracy, availability to customers and improve stock management.
- Lead teams through positive change to support business growth to ensure we’re delivering a full range of services, skills and experience to all of our clients.
- Analyse and lead continuous improvement across the business.
- Engage with employees to improve communication across the teams and drive productivity across departments.
- Develop methods to Improve On Time Delivery (OTD) to customers and engage with customers to improve processes.
- Completion of disciplinary processes, appraisals etc where applicable.
- To ensure the Company complies fully with all Department for Transport and Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) legislation and requirements;
- To take a proactive role in business development activities and strive for business im-provements and cost reduction initiatives.
- Investigation and analysis of vehicle accidents, incidents, damage and driving/vehicle breeches.
- Analyse monthly insurance reports and identify trends, report on repeat offenders.
- Monitor and manage individual staff performance and provide coaching and training as well as deal effectively with any erformance or disciplinary matters.
- The responsibility of a large profit and loss financial statement (P&L).
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of projects on time, to cost and to quality.
- Ensure all systems, procedures and monitoring is in line with and carried out to FORS standards.
- And any other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Essential attributes for our Operations Manager:
- Knowledge and skills to undertake fleet audits/ safety investigations/ incident and accident investigations
- Significant Experience and knowledge of transport regulations
- Able to Work Under Pressure, take ownership and solve problems promptly
- Able to evaluate complex factors and make decisions to maximise benefit
- Focused approach and can do attitude
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Strong experience of FORS
Desirable attributes for our Operations Manager:
- Vehicle Engineering/ Mechanical Knowledge
- Good Leadership and motivational skills
- The ability to think logically
- The ability to work flexibly and make decisions quickly
- FORS Practitioner
- International CPC Transport Manager
- Full Car Licence and Class 2 LGV Preferred but not essential
If you would like to apply for this role, please click here.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on email@example.com or call 01625 728027.