N C Cammack and Son are looking for a new Transport Planner to join their team.
N C Cammack are an Essex based Haulage company and have been safely transporting goods all the way through the last century, and continue to do so today; with fantastic transport knowledge and work ethics, handed down through the generations. This is a great opportunity to join a business who can give you genuine progression within fast growing, forward thinking business.
The successful Transport Planner will come from a planning background within the general haulage or pallet network industries and will also have previous experience managing a fleet of Rigid vehicles.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
- Routing of vehicles and covering deliveries across UK.
- Previous experience transport planning in a busy transport office
- Providing good communication with our Traffic office teams and Drivers to ensure customer KPI’s and targets are achieved and maintained.
- Use in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
- Ensuring internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated
- Controlling and planning of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU Drivers’ Hours regulations)
- Plan Rigid & artic work for following day
- Warehouse checks
- Review Manifest and update any amendments/ notes
- Providing rate, quotes and processing customer booking
- Monitoring delivery performance and advising customers of issues affecting time / completion
- Undertake any other ad hoc project or task within the company as required.
Key Skills for a Transport Planner:
- Competent IT literacy
- CPC Holder an advantage, but not essential
- Great team player
- Exceptional communication skills are essential for both face to face and telephone
- Ability to problem solve and provide great customer service.
- Willingness to complete all necessary training offered
- The position will Monday to Friday with occasional weekend working
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out our application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.