N C Cammack & Son are looking for a Transport Administrator to join their team, to assist with the efficient and effective operation of the Transport Office.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Administrator:
- Monitoring orders through the system and ensuring all orders are managed effectively.
- Providing regular updates on operational status to the other Traffic Controllers.
- Manage and track all orders into the business through to timely closure.
- Debrief staff on return to traffic office and update systems and colleagues on outcome
- Work closely with all other departments to ensure all areas are explored to get the correct
- result for the customer.
- Continual monitoring of all collections / delivery vehicles, liaise with drivers and suppliers
- in order to provide on time deliveries and collections.
- Accurate recording of data input of inbound and outbound stock.
- Daily maintenance of the in house system, ensure all actual deliveries and collections have
- been allocated correctly and any surplus cleared from the system
- Complete all issue logs, investigate and action accordingly
- Proactively take on customer queries/complaints, ensuring all issues are dealt with
- promptly, keeping the customer contacted throughout the process.
- Providing rates and processing customer bookings .
- Monitoring delivery performance and advising customers of issues effecting on time completion.
- Other duties that may arise from operational requirements
Qualifications, Key Skills and experience:
- Competent on Microsoft Office, Excel & Word
- Familiarity with transport management systems, use of Stirling, Hazchem and Pallet
- Force Network .
- Previous experience working in a transport environment
- Effective organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet timed targets
- Can work in fast paced environments with high pressures
We offer all of our employees fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
Salary: £18,000- £23,000 dependent on experience
To apply, please click here to fill out our application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.