N C Cammack & Son are looking for a new Transport Manager to join the team. It will be your role as Transport Manager to organise and co-ordinate the transport section of the business, working closely with all other transport staff to achieve a smooth day to day operation.
The primary role of the Transport Manager is to:
- Ensure that procedures are continually appraised in order to utilise all vehicles and staff to achieve an efficient and cost-effective operation, providing a professional service to all customers, whilst meeting the budgeted profitability of the fleet.
- Actively promote ‘health and safety’ in the working environment and continually aim to improve safety awareness of all staff.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation including the Working Time Directive, Drivers’ Hours Rules, ‘O’ Licence, Health and Safety, employment law, all relevant company procedures and also those of our customers.
Skills Required for the next Transport Manager:
- Strong management skills – the ability to lead by example, motivate team members and implement the changing needs of the business
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of haulage compliance and all associated legislation
- In depth experience of industry Health & Safety practices
- Advanced technology skills and awareness of industry specific software
- Knowledge of disciplinary procedures
For a copy of the full job description click here
To apply, please click here to fill out our application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.